Sonoco ThermoSafe makes insulated packaging in a variety of materials to meet the needs of the most demanding temperature-sensitive payloads. We have an extensive line of EPS shippers, high-performance polyurethane shippers as well as a selection of vacuum insulated panel shippers offering superior insulating power with thinner package walls.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Shippers
The ideal solution for safe and economical delivery of most refrigerated or frozen products. EPS is an inert material without harmful chemicals that can leach out during its use or disposal.
- Large selection of cost-effective, reusable EPS foam-only and foam-in-corrugate stock containers available
- Excellent dry ice sublimation: average dry ice usage in 1-1/2 inch thick wall units is 5 pounds over 24 hours and 3-4 pounds thereafter
- Standard 1-1/2 inch wall shippers are ideal for shipments of 24-48 hours.
- Thin wall shippers have 3/4-1 1/8 inches of EPS foam insulation and are deal for shipments of 24 hours or less
- Thick wall shippers have 1 3/4-2 1/4 inches of EPS insulation specifically designed for shipments of 48 hours or more
Find EPS Shippers in our catalog.
Find EPS in Corrugate Shippers in our catalog.
Contact us to order EPS Shippers.
Polyurethane (PUR) Shippers
Because polyurethane delivers greater insulating power than an equivalent-thickness EPS container, Sonoco ThermoSafe Insulated Shippers—PUR
are a great choice for sensitive items on longer journeys. Thick walls and 200-pound tested outer corrugate offer protective shock absorption
and cushioning during shipping and handling.
- Containers protect highly temperature-sensitive shipments from moderate and extreme ambient temperature exposure during long range shipping
- Durable one-piece, closed-cell polyurethane foam insulated shippers are CFC- and HCFC-free and comply with international clean air regulations
- Proprietary process laminates the highly efficient core insulation to the inner and outer corrugate walls
- Polyurethane shipper withstands crush compression in excess of 5,000 pounds
- Flexible polyurethane foam plug seals the top, insulates contents and vents dry ice
Find Polyurethane (PUR) Shippers in our catalog.
Contact us to order Polyurethane (PUR) Shippers.
Vacuum Insulated Panel (VIP) Shippers
Sonoco ThermoSafe vacuum insulated panels provide superior protection against heat damage and withstand rough handling during extended
shipments. Our VIP shippers reduce refrigerant requirements, permit the use of smaller and lighter packaging and extend shipping times, enabling
expansion to global markets.
- Patent-pending insulating panels don't require a protective EPS outer shell or container liner due to the durable outer film, which
means smaller container sizes and reduced shipping weight
- Outer structural film accommodates a tight panel fit and provides abrasion protection for a reliable, reusable shipping system
- Improved thermal performance reduces gel refrigerant or dry ice requirements, decreases overall package size and extends shipping
- Materials are environmentally neutral, recyclable and CFC- and HFC-free.
Find VIP Shippers in our catalog.
Contact us to order VIP Shippers.